What we did & Learning objectives!
To continue finding and gathering information to store for your flyers.
To complete the 8 slides showing the screen shots of the information you have gathered.
To complete the copyright slide saying how copyright needs to be considered in a business context.
What went well?
This was a good lesson to catch up on work that was needed to be done. I thought my explanation of how to get the relevant screen shots was clear and concise and so that they knew exactly what to do. One of the boys had given up and I was able to try and motivate him to keep on going it take a deep breath and carry on.
I was really happy with being able to help pupils one to one.
I was also happy with being able to go through assessing pupils work by going around individually looking through their work.
What could have been done better and what will I do about it?
It was hard to manage each pupil across the class as they were a lower set ability. As I gave them a big chunk to do it was probably quite overwhelming for them to complete all 8 slides.
Now I tried to use the timer to give them 3 minutes for each of the slides and this was not that effective as many of them did not pay attention to this.
In the future I really could try and chunk this up even more and almost guide them through each one. The only problem is that they all had different band members.
One other area that could have gone better was my extension tasks. Now I had planned for this but I did not actually say what they should move onto verbally or on the screen.
So in the future I will verbally and visually put on the board the extension task for those that complete early so that I can allow for good differentiation.
I felt that it was a good to ok lesson and on the whole they were on task working well.
It was tough to hold my ground to behaviour management as i had to issue a timeout warning and its hard as the kids become extremely distant when your issue some sort of sanctions.