Lesson Plan >> http://bit.ly/lGW8cs
In this lesson i was really trying to make personalized provision for SEN Pupils
What went well.
- most pupils where able to have a sub system created for a pelican flow chart so the objectives where completed
- pupils learnt more about how to create flow charts and see the effect of this in action
- I was able to give them a solution to work of in order to aid the less able ones with their working
What could have been done better.
- I would hav liked to prepare a flow chart without the do procedure so that pupils could see why it is a good idea to use procedures to save time and energy
- I still need to work on chunking this up for the lesser able pupils even further
- I made good preparation for the the TA so that they knew what to do and what to help with this lesson
All in all i really was needing to make sure that each step was explained verry carefully i found that if pupils did not understand it i needed to be gentle with them and not get frustrated. I also found that the Use of a helper was really important in the management of the lesser able pupils. It was important that the squeaky wheels did not get all the grease from me.
For the 4 pupils that did not create the flow chart completely I issued a lunch time detention that I later had to sell as a session to help them improve their learning and to get them caught up to speed with the rest of the class. It was a fine line for some of the pupils who where taking advantage of their and not putting in the effort needed. It was good tho to get them all up to scratch as this really help these SEN pupils progress.
What i really learnt from this lesson is that it is incredibly important to keep the lower ability pupils self esteem up and not get frustrated with them but not to allow them to just use it as an excuse.
I also have had to follow up on a SEN pupils progress with the tutor and ask them to please back me in the importance to get work completed during the lesson. This pupil needs to be constantly watch as there are some social, home and behavioural issues that are affecting his work progress. It has been a good start to get the tutor involved.
Please see Email Evidence to support this.Q18 Email Evidence of supporting a pupil